API Q2 1st Edition Implementation Training Course
AVAILABLE VIA LIVE STREAM
The course is essentially two days of hands-on training on the API Q2 1st Ed Specification for Quality Management System Requirements for Service Supply Organizations for the Petroleum and Natural Gas Industries, plus one day of training in auditing techniques.
This course has been designed by Mireaux Management Solutions based on years of experience implementing API Q2 Quality Management Systems, auditing Quality Management Systems, and training on API Q2. This course focuses on two areas:
- Background and application of API Q2 1st Edition.
- In depth overview of each clause of the API Q2 1st Edition Specification for Quality Management System Requirements for Manufacturing Organizations for the Petroleum and Natural Gas Industries, explaining what the specification says, what the specification means, how to implement the specification in the real world, and how to audit it.
The course is filled with practical exercises and real application examples, to help participants develop a hands-on understanding that will facilitate the implementation of a world-class Quality Management System.
By the end of the course, participants should have attained knowledge and understanding of the following concepts:
- Industry Applicability of the API Q2 specification.
- How to apply the Process Approach to identify the organization’s core and support processes.
- The necessary steps to:
- Implement a brand new Quality Management System based on API Q2.
- Upgrade an existing Quality Management System from ISO 9001 to API Q2.
- Each of the API Q2 specification clause requirements, how to implement each of these clauses in the real world, and how to audit them.
- The APIQR registration and certification process.
This class can be delivered via:
- Public Training at our Training Center in Houston, TX
- Live Stream
- On-site at your facility
The duration of this course is two days, as follows:
- Day 1 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM CST
- Day 2 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM CST
This course awards a total of 2.10 CEUs and includes:
- A practical examination, completed and graded at various stages throughout the duration of the class.
A Certificate of Completion is provided to all participants.
The API Q2 Implementation training course does not have any prerequisite courses.
For individuals with little or no previous knowledge of API Q2 or Quality Management Systems, who would like to maximize their knowledge; we recommend Mireaux’s Fundamentals or Advanced Document Control course as a preamble and introduction to management systems, followed by an ISO 9001:2015 course (Implementation or Internal Auditor).
Students receive comprehensive reference materials, including:
- Presentation slides
- Workshop exercises
- Training copy of API Q2 specification
The topics in this course include:
- Background and History of API Q2
- Quality Management Principles
- Structure of API Q2 1st Edition
- The Process Approach
- About APIQR Registration and Certification Program
- Detail overview of Clause 4: Quality Management Systems Requirements
- Quality Management System
- Management Responsibility
- Organization Capability
- Documentation Requirements
- Detail overview of Clause 5: Product Realization
- Contract Review
- Risk Assessment and Management
- Design and Development
- Contingency Planning
- Production and Servicing Provision
- Control of Testing, Measuring, and Monitoring Equipment
- Product Release
- Control of Nonconforming Product
- Management of Change (MOC)
- Detail overview of Clause 6: Quality Management System Monitoring, Measurement, Analysis and Improvement
- Monitoring, Measuring, and Improving
- Analysis of Data
- Management Review