Risk Assessment and Control Training Course
AVAILABLE THROUGH LIVE STREAM AND IN-PERSON
Is your Risk Management program adding value to your management system? If you feel you are going through the motions but not getting any tangible improvements out of it, come to our class and learn a simple yet powerful methodology for conducting risk assessments. Our course provides the tools your organization needs to understand, follow, and most importantly put in practice how to identify true risks and implement controls to mitigate them.
The 1-Day Risk Assessment and Control training course introduces participants to the fundamental concepts of risks, risk assessment methodologies, as well as the control of risks to minimize impacts on the following risk types:
Through workshops, case studies, and open discussions, this course provides attendees with the knowledge to identify, analyze, and evaluate risks as well as to decide the appropriate risk treatment, including implementing the controls in place to mitigate significant risks.
Sorry, there are currently no classes scheduled for this course.
At the end of the course, participants should have the knowledge and understanding of the following concepts:
- The requirements for risk assessment as set forth by the most widely used ISO and API Standards
- The differences between Risk Analysis, Risk Evaluation, Risk Assessment, and Risk Management
- Proven methodology for conducting Risk Analysis
- The 4 Ts for Treatment options
- Hands-on practical Risk Assessment and Risk Management exercises
- Formulating and implementing controls for treating significant risks
This class can be delivered via:
- Public Training at our Training Center in Houston, TX
- Private Training at your facility
- Live Stream
- Live Stream Participants will need the following tools to effectively complete this course:
- Computer or laptop with MS Windows software or compatible operating system
- Audio and Visual equipment (i.e., webcam, microphone, headset, etc.)
- Strong Internet Connection
The duration of this course is one day, as follows:
Day 1 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM CST
This course awards a total of [#] CEUs and includes:
- A at various stages throughout the duration of the class to ensure understanding of subject matter at hand.
- A final test to be completed and graded at the end of the class.
A Certificate of Completion, to include granted CEUs, is provided to all participants at the end of the class.
Qualification for CEUs requires participants to attend the entire scheduled course time and pass the final test with a minimum of 80%.
The Risk Assessment training course does not have any prerequisite courses.
This course has been designed for individuals with absolutely no previous knowledge of risk assessment or risk management. Check our suggested Training Tracks for additional information.
Participants will receive printed comprehensive material, including:
- Training Course Workbook
- Practical Examination exercises, or Workshops
- Training copy of the standard (if applicable)
In-Person or Private: Training course material will be provided to participants on the first day of their arrival.
Live Stream: Training course material will be shipped to participants 3-5 days prior to the start of training to the shipping address provided at the time of registration.
The topics in this course include:
- Introduction to Risk Assessment
- Concepts of Risks and Definitions
- Types of Risks, Risk Register
- Risk Assessment requirements from various ISO and API Standards
- Risk Assessment Methodologies
- Risk Identification
- Risk Analysis
- Risk Evaluation
- Risk Treatment
- Risk Control