Fundamentals of Document Controls Training Course
AVAILABLE VIA LIVE STREAM
The 3-day Fundamentals of Document Control training course is a one-of-a-kind course, designed and developed by Mireaux based on more than 18 years of creating, managing, and improving documentation for organizations around the world.
If you have been dealing with a Document Management System (DMS) but never received formal training, this course will help you debunk many of the myths surrounding Document Control. Regardless of the standard your organization complies or is certified to, once you attend our Fundamentals of Document Control course, you will feel empowered to improve your own system and question the status quo.
If you are new to the world of Document Control and the ISO or API standards, you will be amazed at the vast knowledge you will gain upon completion of this course.
This remarkable course touches on the following areas:
- The Document Life Cycle and the requirements regarding Document Control.
- The implementation of a Document Management System, from defining the types of documents to be used in your organization, to the numbering, version, content writing, review, approval, distribution, training, and improvement of those documents.
- Process mapping and writing techniques that lead to the creation of well-rounded documents.
- Best practices associated with engineering and project management documents, such as Databooks, Transmittals, PI&D, Project Plans, etc.
The course is filled with practical exercises and real application examples to help participants develop a hands-on understanding that will facilitate the implementation of a world-class Document Management System.
At the end of the course participants should have the knowledge and understanding of the following concepts:
- How to establish a Document Management System, including the creation, review, approval, saving, and the publishing of internal documents.
- How to map a process and create effective procedures or work instructions.
- The basic document control requirements and misconceptions that will empower participants to challenge their existing or legacy Document Management Systems.
- How to maintain and retain project and engineering documentation, such as Project Plans, Project Reports, Engineering Drawings, P&ID, Transmittals, etc.
- The structure and components of a Databook; the review and approval of such, as well as the distribution.
This class can be delivered via:
- Public Training at our Training Center in Houston, TX
- Live Stream
- On-site at your facility
The duration of this course is three days, as follows:
- Day 1 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM CST
- Day 2 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM CST
- Day 3 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM CST
This course awards a total of 2.10 CEUs and includes:
- A practical examination, completed and graded at various stages throughout the duration of the class.
- A final test, completed and graded at the end of the class.
A Certificate of Completion is provided to all participants at the end of the class.
The Fundamentals of Document Control training course does not have any prerequisite courses.
This course has been designed for individuals with absolutely no previous knowledge of Document Management Systems who would like to develop a DMS on their own; or for those individuals with little to moderate knowledge who would like to enhance or improve upon their current DMS.
Students receive comprehensive course manuals with reference materials, including:
- Presentation slides
- Workshop exercises
- Introduction to Document Management System
- Document Life Cycle
- Select Document Templates
- Assign Number and Version
- Creating Content
- Review and Approval
- Publishing and Training
- Improving Documents
- Control of Records
- External Documents
- Obsolete Documents
- Document Management System Compliance
- Project Management
- Design and Development
- Drawings, Transmittals, and Databooks
- Management of Change