ISO 45001:2018 (OH&S) Implementation Training Course
AVAILABLE VIA LIVE STREAM
The 2-Day ISO 45001 Implementation training course provides a deep look into the ISO 45001:2018 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems – Requirements with Guidance for Use standard, focusing on two areas:
- The foundation of ISO 45001:2018 based on the common framework adopted by all ISO standards; and the High Level Structure (HLS), common text and common terminology.
- In-depth overview of each clause of the standard, explaining what the standard says, what the standard means, how to apply the standard in the real world, and how to audit it.
The course is filled with practical exercises and real application examples, to help participants develop a hands-on understanding that will facilitate the implementation of a world-class Occupational Health and Safety Management System.
At the end of the course, participants should have the knowledge and understanding of the following:
- The common framework of the ISO management system standards, including the High Level Structure, common text, and common terminology.
- How to apply the Process Approach to identify the organization’s core and support processes.
- The necessary steps to implement a brand new Occupational Health and Safety Management System.
- The necessary steps to transition from OHSAS 18001:2007 to ISO 45001:2018.
- Each of the ISO 45001:2018 standard clause requirements, how to implement each of these clauses in the real world, and how to audit them, including:
- Consultation and Participation of Workers
- Hazard identification
- How to determine the risks and opportunities within the context of the organization, within the hazards identified, as well as within the organization’s processes.
- How to determine the legal requirements.
- The certification and transition options.
This class can be delivered via:
- Public Training at our Training Center in Houston, TX
- Live Stream
- On-site at your facility
The duration of this course is two days, as follows:
- Day 1 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM CST
- Day 2 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM CST
This course awards a total of 1.8 CEUs and includes:
This course has two practical examinations, completed and graded at the end of each respective modules.
A Certificate of Completion is provided to all participants at the end of the second examination.
The ISO 45001:2018 Implementation training course does not have any prerequisite courses.
For individuals with little or no previous knowledge of ISO 45001 or Health and Safety Management Systems, who would like to maximize their knowledge; we recommend Mireaux’s Fundamentals of Document Control class as a preamble and introduction to management systems.
Students receive comprehensive reference materials, including:
- Presentation information
- Workshop exercises
- Training copy of the standard
The topics in this course include:
- Concepts and Terms
- Background and History of ISO
- Quality Management Principles
- The Common Framework of the ISO Standards
- Structure of ISO 45001:2018
- Differences between OHSAS 18001:2007 and ISO 45001:2018
- The Process Approach
- Certification and Transition options
- Detail overview of the ISO 45001:2018 standard:
- Clause 4: Context of the organization
- Clause 5: Leadership
- Clause 6: Planning
- Clause 7: Support
- Clause 8: Operation
- Clause 9: Performance Evaluation
- Clause 10: Improvement