API-U Q1 Fundamentals Training Course
AVAILABLE IN-PERSON AND VIA LIVE STREAM
Created by the American Petroleum Institute (API), the 2.5-Day API Q1 Fundamentals course, teaches the stringent requirements of the API Specification Q1, 9th Edition: Specification for Quality Management System Requirements for Manufacturing Organizations for the Petroleum and Natural Gas Industry.
This course offers an in-depth look at the API Q1 standard, clause by clause, providing interpretation from API’s perspective, and focusing on each of the detailed requirements for documentation, implementation and record keeping.
Using “Think About It’s”, practical activities, and group workshops, this course helps attendees develop a hands-on understanding that will facilitate the successful implementation of a best in class Quality Management System certified to API Q1.
This course, accredited by IACET, was created by the American Petroleum Institute (API) and is distributed solely by authorized training providers such as Mireaux Management Solutions, under royalty contract agreement with .API. Find Mireaux on APl’s official website.
At the end of the course, participants should have the knowledge and understanding of the following:
- The background and objectives of the API Specification Q1
- Each of the API Q1 clause requirements
- The API Q1 certification process
This class can be delivered via:
- Public Training at our Training Center in Houston, TX
- Live Stream
- On-site at your facility
The duration of this course is three days, as follows:
- Day 1 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM CST
- Day 2 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM CST
- Day 3 8:30 AM to 12:30 PM CST
This course has a practical examination, completed and graded at various stages throughout the duration of the class.
A Certificate of Completion is provided to all participants at the end of the class.
The API Q1 Fundamentals training course does not have any prerequisite courses.
For individuals with little or no previous knowledge of API Ql or Quality Management Systems who would like to maximize their knowledge, we recommend Mireaux’s Fundamentals of Document Control class as a preamble and introduction to management systems, followed by an ISO 9001:2015 course (Implementation or Internal Auditor).
Students receive comprehensive course manuals with reference materials, including:
- Workbook with presentation slides
- Appendices book with training copy of the API specification Ql, Cases, and Workshops
The topics in this course include:
- Importance of API
- Overview and Exclusions
- Clause 4: Quality Management Systems Requirements
- Clause 5: Product Realization
- Clause 6: Quality Management System Monitoring and Measurement