Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action
The Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action training course teaches valuable root cause analysis tools essential to problem solving, as well as the methodology to address corrective actions. The course provides a firm understanding of the process by which employees can find the underlying causes of problems that impact many organizations’ operations and profitability.
1-Day Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action
By performing exercises and group discussions, attendees will develop a hands-on understanding that will facilitate the implementation of good corrective actions within any organization, whether the organization holds an ISO or API certification or not.
Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action Training Target Audience
This course is intended for anyone who is interested in improving the permanence and quality of their organization’s problem-solving methods, regardless of whether their management system is based on ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 27001, API Spec Q1 9th Edition, API Spec Q2 or any other standard. Possible attendees may include:
- Professionals responsible for implementing or maintaining a corrective or preventive action system.
- Employees assigned to investigate or address corrective actions.
- Employees or individuals who want to contribute to lower costs and improved efficiency of operations.
- Quality Directors, Managers, Supervisors, or Engineers.
- Environmental Directors, Managers, Supervisors, or Engineers.
- Safety Directors, Managers, Supervisors, or Engineers.
- Information Security Officers, Managers, or IT Professionals.
- ISO or API Coordinators or Management Representatives.
- Learn to identify the root causes of a problem.
- Learn root cause analysis tools such as The 5 Whys and Cause & Effect Analysis.
- Understand the components of a corrective or preventive action.
- Learn to implement effective corrective and preventive actions.
- Learn the overall problem solving lifecycle.
Duration and Class Hours
The duration of this course is one day, from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM.
No prerequisites are necessary for this course.
Students receive course manuals with reference materials, including:
- Presentation information
- Workshop exercises
- Forms used throughout the course
Lunch, beverages, and snacks are provided throughout the day at no additional cost for each day of training. We accept menu requests to accommodate attendees with food allergies or specific dietary requirements.
Lunch: Fajitas, deli meals, or hot plates
Snacks: Breakfast bars, fruit, desserts, cookies, or pastries
Beverages: Coffee, soda, and water is served all day.
This course is taught in English. For information on a similar course in Spanish, please contact Mireaux’s office at 713-589-4680.
The topics in this course include:
- Basic Quality Concepts
- Problem Solving and Root Cause Analysis
- Stage 1: Containment
- Stage 2: Investigation
- Gather Facts
- Stage 3: Action
- The 5 Whys
- Cause and Effect Analysis
- Correction and Preventive Action
- Various workshops throughout the course
Training Center Information
Mireaux Management Solutions
12802 Willow Centre Dr.
Houston, TX 77066
View detailed Training Center Information page.