Risk Assessment and Control
The Risk Assessment and Control training course introduces the fundamental concepts of risks, risk assessment methods, and how to evaluate risks to minimize impacts on business, assets and the environment.
It explains Risk Assessment requirements as set out in management system standards such as API Q1 9th Edition, API Q2, ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015, and the upcoming revision of ISO 45001 (formerly OHSAS 18001:2007) and how to implement them.
1-Day Risk Assessment and Control
Through workshops, case studies, and open discussions, the course provides attendees with a firm understanding of how to evaluate risks and put the controls in place in terms of contingency and emergency plans. Active participation also allow attendees to learn hands-on how to conduct and implement risk control measures.
Risk Assessment and Control Training Target Audience
This course is designed for management personnel or individuals responsible for identifying the risks facing an organization, evaluating these risks and developing suitable contingency plans to eliminate or mitigate these risks.
Suggested attendees include:
- Management Representatives for QMS based on API Q1, API Q2, EMS based on ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001
- Compliance Officers or Managers
- EMS and HSE Administrators and Officers
- QMS, EMS coordinators
- Department Heads
This course is also suitable for people who just want to get a firm understanding of Risks, Risk Assessments and Risk Control Plans.
- Understand concept of Risks, Risk Assessment and Risk Control.
- Learn Risk Assessment Methodologies.
- Understand the Risk Assessment requirements of quality management systems based on API Specification Q1 9th Edition, API Specification Q2 and the upcoming revision of ISO 9001:2015; as well as environmental and safety management systems based on ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001.
- Gain hands on knowledge and practice to conduct Risk Assessment.
Duration and Class Hours
The duration of this course is one day, with time allocated as follows:
8:30 AM – 4:30 PM with Lunch break of 45 minutes
The Risk Assessment course is designed for individuals with some awareness about QMS/EMS/OHSAS standards.
Students receive comprehensive course manuals with reference materials, including:
- Presentation information
- Case studies
- Workshop exercises
- Risk Assessment related extracts from relevant standards
Lunch, beverages, and snacks are provided throughout the day at no additional cost for each day of training. We accept menu requests to accommodate attendees with food allergies or specific dietary requirements.
Lunch: Fajitas, deli meals, or hot plates
Snacks: Breakfast bars, fruit, desserts, cookies, or pastries
Beverages: Coffee, soda, and water is served all day.
This course is taught in English. For information on a similar course in Spanish, please contact Mireaux’s office at 713-589-4680.
The topics in this course will include:
- Introduction to Risk Assessment
- Concepts of Risks and Definitions
- Types of Risks, Risk Register
- Risk Assessment requirements from management systems standards such as API Spec Q1, API Spec Q2 and ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 and the upcoming revision of ISO9001:2015
- Risk Assessment Methodologies
- Risk Identification
- Risk Evaluation and Calculation of Significant Risks
- Risk Control – Long term and Short term solutions
- Contingency Plans
Training Center Information
Mireaux Management Solutions
12802 Willow Centre Dr.
Houston, TX 77066
View detailed Training Center Information page.