ISO 27001:2013 Implementation
The ISO 27001:2013 Implementation training course provides a firm understanding of the requirements of the ISO 27001:2013 standard.
2-Day ISO 27001:2013 Implementation
Using everyday terminology, exercises, and group discussions, the ISO 27001:2013 Implementation course helps attendees develop a hands-on understanding that will facilitate the implementation of a robust Information Security Management System.
ISO 27001:2013 Implementation Target Audience
This course is intended for employees or individuals responsible for designing, implementing, managing, or maintaining an Information Security Management System within an organization or who want to improve their knowledge of the ISO 27001 standard, including:
- Information Systems MIS/IT Directors or IT Managers
- Compliance Officers or Managers
- IT Professionals and Network Engineers
- Information Security Officers, Managers, ISM or ISMS Managers
- ISO Coordinators or Management Representatives
- Understand information security definitions and terminology
- Learn the background and objectives of ISO 27001:2005
- Understand the requirements of the ISO 27001:2005 standard
- Understand risk assessment and the controls of Annex A
Duration and Class Hours
The duration of this course is two days, each day from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM.
The ISO 27001:2013 Implementation course is designed for individuals with little knowledge of ISO 27001 or information security management systems.
Students receive comprehensive course manuals with reference materials, including:
- Presentation information
- Case studies
- Workshop exercises
- Forms used throughout the course
- Training copy of the standard and Annex A
Lunch, beverages, and snacks are provided throughout the day at no additional cost for each day of training. We accept menu requests to accommodate attendees with food allergies or specific dietary requirements.
Lunch: Fajitas, deli meals, or hot plates
Snacks: Breakfast bars, fruit, desserts, cookies, or pastries
Beverages: Coffee, soda, and water is served all day.
This course is taught in English. For information on a similar course in Spanish, please contact Mireaux’s office at 713-589-4680.
The topics in this course include:
- Introduction to ISO 27001:2013
- Information Security, Risk Assessment and Asset concepts and definitions
- Structure of ISO 27001:2005 Standard
- The ISO 27001:2005 Standard – Clauses 4 through 10
- Clause 4: Context of the Organization
- Clause 5: Leadership
- Clause 6: Planning
- Clause 7: Support
- Clause 8: Operation
- Clause 9: Performance evaluation
- Clause 10: Improvement
- Control Objectives and Controls of Annex A
- Information security policies
- Organization of information security
- Human resource security
- Asset management
- Access control
- Physical and environmental security
- Operations security
- Communications security
- Systems acquisition, development and maintenance
- Supplier relationships
- Information security Incident management
- Information security aspects of business continuity management
Training Center InformationAll our Public Training classes are held at our office located in the Willow Park Office Condominium complex, near Willowbrook Mall in Houston, Texas. Mireaux Management Solutions
12802 Willow Centre Dr.
Houston, TX 77066