ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 Awareness
The ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 Awareness training course provides a deep overview of the ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems Requirements, and OHSAS 18001 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems Requirements.
2-Day ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 Awareness
Through in-depth review and comparisons of standard requirements, attendees develop a hands-on understanding that will facilitate the implementation of integrated management systems at any organization, whether the organization already holds any ISO certifications or not.
ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 Awareness Training Target Audience
This course is designed for organizations that want to implement a comprehensive Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE, or EHS) management system, or organizations that are curious about which management systems might be right for them. Employees who might benefit from this training include:
- HSE Managers, HSE Coordinators
- Environmental Management System Managers, Supervisors, or Engineers
- Quality Management System Managers, Supervisors, or Engineers
- Health & Safety Directors, Managers, Supervisors, or Engineers
- ISO Coordinators or Management Representatives
- Anyone who is part of an organization that already has a management system in place (i.e. ISO 9001) and wishes to include environmental and safety management requirements
- Learn the basic requirements of each of the two standards discussed
- Learn how the standards can best be implemented to build on each other
- Learn how to conduct risk assessments that can satisfy both standards’ requirements
- Learn how to setup controls to mitigate impacts and hazards
- Learn how research legal requirements
Duration and Class Hours
The duration of this course is two days, each day from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM.
No prerequisites are necessary for this course.
Students receive course manuals with reference materials, including:
- Presentation information
- Workshop exercises
- Forms used throughout the course
- Training copies of the standards
Lunch, beverages, and snacks are provided throughout the day at no additional cost for each day of training. We accept menu requests to accommodate attendees with food allergies or specific dietary requirements.
Lunch: Fajitas, deli meals, or hot plates
Snacks: Breakfast bars, fruit, desserts, cookies, or pastries
Beverages: Coffee, soda, and water is served all day.
This course is taught in English. For information on a similar course in Spanish, please contact Mireaux’s office at 713-589-4680.
The topics in this course include:
- Background and development of ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001
- Aims and Objectives of ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001
- Benefits of an Integrated Management System
- Scope and Exclusions
- Environmental, and Occupational Health and Safety Management Principles
- Structure of ISO standards – Similarities and Differences
- In-depth review of the standards clauses:
- Environmental Aspects and Impacts Identification
- Legal and other requirements
- Setting Objectives and Targets
- Hazard Identification
- Risk Assessment and Controls
- Emergency Planning
- Implementation and Operations
- Monitoring and Measuring
- Legal Compliance
- Nonconformity, Corrective Action, Preventive Action
- Control of Records
- Internal Audits
- Various workshops throughout the course
Training Center Information
Mireaux Management Solutions
12802 Willow Centre Dr.
Houston, TX 77066
View detailed Training Center Information page.