API Spec Q1 Practitioner
This course provides insights into the API Specification Q1, 9th Edition: Specification for Quality Management System Requirements for Manufacturing Organizations for the Petroleum and Natural Gas Industry.
4-Day API Specification Q1, 9th Edition Practitioner (API-U)
This course teaches the stringent requirements of the API Specification Q1, 9th Edition and provides attendees with a firm understanding of what is required to achieve certification. Our course offers an in-depth look at the API Specification Q1, 9th Edition, focusing on each of the detailed requirements for documentation, records and implementation. This course is an extension of the three-day course and is ideal for Q1 practitioners. Using every day terminology, workshops, and group discussions, we help attendees develop a hands-on understanding that will facilitate the successful implementation of a best in class quality management system.
API Q1 Practitioner Training Target Audience
This course is intended for employees or individuals tasked with implementing a quality management system based on the stringent requirements of API Specification Q1, 9th Edition, or those who want to learn about the requirements and understand the level of effort required to implement the API Specification Q1, 9th Edition, including:
- CEO/Presidents/Vice Presidents
- Quality Directors/Quality Assurance Managers/Quality Control Supervisors
- Operations Managers, Manufacturing or Production Managers or Supervisors
- Supply Quality Managers, Supply Chain Managers or Supplier Quality Engineers
- ISO Coordinators or Management Representatives
- Learn the background and objectives of the API Specification Q1, 9th Edition
- Understand the Quality Management Principles
- Understand the Process Approach
- Learn the requirements and implementation steps of the API Specification Q1, 9th Edition
- Learn the API Specification Q1 Certification process
Duration and Class Hours
The duration of this course is four days, each day from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM.
The API Q1 Practitioner Training course is an introductory course designed for individuals with little or no previous knowledge of API Specification Q1 (any edition), ISO 9001 or any quality management systems.
Students receive comprehensive course manuals with reference materials, including:
- Presentation information
- Case studies
- Workshop exercises
- Training copy of the spec
Lunch, beverages, and snacks are provided throughout the day at no additional cost for each day of training. We accept menu requests to accommodate attendees with food allergies or specific dietary requirements.
Lunch: Fajitas, deli meals, or hot plates
Snacks: Breakfast bars, fruit, desserts, cookies, or pastries
Beverages: Coffee, soda, and water is served all day.
The full course, including all the workshops, can be taught in English or Spanish.
The topics in this course include:
- API Specifications and Certification Program
- Benefits of a quality management system based on API
- Quality Management Principles
- The Process Approach
- Structure of API Specification Q1, 9th Edition:
- Clause 4: Quality Management Systems Requirements
- Quality Management System
- Management Responsibility
- Organization Capability
- Documentation Requirements
- Clause 5: Product Realization
- Contract Review
- Risk Assessment and Management
- Design and Development
- Contingency Planning
- Production and Servicing Provision
- Control of Testing, Measuring, and Monitoring Equipment
- Product Release
- Control of Nonconforming Product
- Management of Change (MOC)
- Clause 6: Quality Management System Monitoring, Measurement, Analysis and Improvement
- Monitoring, Measuring, and Improving
- Analysis of Data
- Management Review
- Comparison to ISO 9001
Training Center Information
Mireaux Management Solutions
12802 Willow Centre Dr.
Houston, TX 77066