OHSAS 18001 Consulting
Mireaux’s OHSAS 18001 consulting provides a clear and proven path to OHSAS 18001 certification and the establishment of a Health and Safety Management System.
In these times of rising awareness of the importance of occupational health and safety, as well as increasingly strict legislation governing those areas, many organizations want to improve their OH&S practices and head off OH&S issues. Intermittent “reviews” or “audits,” conducted on an annual or semi-annual basis, can provide a snapshot assessment of an organization’s legal and policy compliance. However, these reviews are not sufficient to provide assurance that an organization will continue to meet its legal and policy obligations. To get that kind of guarantee, companies need a structured OH&S management system that works within their organization every day, not just a few times a year.
Designed by the British Standards Institution to provide uniform health and safety protections for workers worldwide, OHSAS 18001:2007 provides guidelines to identify and control health and safety risks, reduce the potential for accidents, aid legislative compliance, and improve overall productivity within the context of a management system. An OHSAS 18001 management system can help your organization balance good OH&S practices with pressing socio-economic needs in a way that works for your organization and minimizes your legal and policy liability.
Basic Overview of ISO 18001 Consulting Process
Benefits of OHSAS 18001 Certification
- Increases employee safety consciousness and morale
- Reduces accidents, claims, and lost work days
- Increases preparation for regulatory checks
- Reduces risk of citations and penalties
- Cuts healthcare costs through long-term prevention
- Potentially reduces insurance costs
- Improves corporate image among regulators, customers and the public
Mireaux’s OHSAS 18001 Consulting Solution
Mireaux Management Solutions offers partial or full turnkey assistance in your organization’s quest for OHSAS 18001 certification.
What kind of leadership and service do we offer?
- Initial hazard and risk assessment
- Determination of legal and regulatory compliance needs and controls
- Scope definition
- OH&S Policy creation
- OH&S Manual and procedures creation
- Establishment of OH&S objectives
- Documentation of OH&S job descriptions, including roles, responsibilities, accountabilities, and authorities
- Assistance in documentation and processing of incident investigations, including root cause analysis
In addition to implementation/consulting services, Mireaux can also provide auditing services for OHSAS 18001, including audit schedule creation, internal auditing, supplier audits, gap analysis, and external audit support.